Believe it or not, but good parenting has a significant role in building up a good personality in children as children have the most vulnerable brain to be affected by things which they observe and listen. Here is one scientific theory of how it happens.
What is connectome?
- The connectome is the integration and connectivity of neurons in our brain.
- More connection, more connectome.
How does connectome forms?
- They form by a process called synaptogenesis.
Changes with age:
- At the age of 2-3 years, the child has the maximum number of connectomes.
- And by age, they keep on decreasing.
- That’s the thing which makes children differently than adults.
- They can learn everything very fast.
- They observe everything very nicely and adapt them rapidly.
- So, an unfortunate, as well as good incidents, can make a significant impact on their mind and personality, and it may persist life long also.
Issues coming up:
- aggression(violence) and intolerance: Nowadays, so many children have become very aggressive.
- They start shouting, screaming, crying in small matters.
- Some children at the age of 5-10 year also get caught in violent activity for their wishes.
- A young child wants to be seated in a room and want to watch TV, play mobile games, etc.
- It’s not only decreasing academic result, but it’s reducing other activities like drawing, dance, sports, writing also.
REASONS FOR THESE BEHAVIORAL CHANGES
1) beating and shouting at children, it’s most common in our country.
2) parents are fighting and screaming to each other in front of their children
3) parents can’t afford a time to talk with children and make them addictive to electronic gadgets to make them feel happy
4) one-way academic pressure from childhood can suppress a lot of creativity of the child very severely.
Solutions towards good parenting
- Remember one thing; children are like growing trees.
- We need to ‘water’ them and give some ‘light’.
- They will grow according to their nature and interest.
- We should not restrict their way of thinking and creativity.
- We should try to avoid causes as I mentioned above.
- Don’t make addictive to phone, try to explore their talent and creativity, and support them.
- Create a good harmony and environment in the house.
CHILDREN CAN LEARN EVERYTHING BY THEIR OWN; WE NEED TO BE “MENTOR”, NOT “MASTER”.